Herbal Life Products
Zenith Nutrition Products
Muscle Epitome Products
Energy and Fitness
|*Note: Press Close if it is time consuming for you. Thanks|
Every infant and child has the right to good nutrition according to the Convention on the Rights of the Child.
- Undernutrition is associated with 45% of child deaths.
Globally in 2013,
o 161.5 million children under 5 were estimated to be stunted.
o 50.8 million were estimated to have low weight-for-height.
(Click to see height/weight chart)
o 41.7 million were overweight or obese.
- Few children receive nutritionally adequate and safe complementary foods; in many countries less than a fourth of infants 6–23 months of age meet the criteria of dietary diversity and feeding frequency that are appropriate for their age.
- Increase the number of times that the child is fed:
- 2-3 meals per day for infants 6-8 months of age and
- 3-4 meals per day for infants 9-23 months of age,with 1-2 additional snacks as required(use fortified complementary foods or vitamin-mineral supplements as needed)
Source : http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs342/en/